4 red bell peppers
3 large carrots, grated
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1. Drain tomatoes and reserve liquid. Squeeze the water from the spinach.
2. Saute onion and celery until soft. Add cumin and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Stir in spinach, drained tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in black beans, quinoa, carrots and 2 cups of water. Cover and bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour liquid from tomatoes in the bottom of a baking dish.
6. Cut each bell pepper in half lengthwise. Fill with quinoa mixture and place in baking dish.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
Source: Vegetarian Times, February 2009.